Language & Friendship is pleased to offer motivated language students the opportunity to live with a host family in France, Spain, or Argentina for 3 weeks in June/July. Our partners in these countries are personal friends and colleagues of Language & Friendship and have extensive experience arranging family-stay programs.
An individual family stay provides a true immersion in the language and culture – the best way to make real progress in the language and to better understand the culture by living it.
In Argentina and Costa Rica, you will have the opportunity to attend school. France and Spain schools will be on their summer vacations.
Departure dates in June and July. Request a Program Enrollment Booklet for more information.
- Round-trip airfare between major U.S. cities and destination country
- Coordination of family-stay arrangements
- Transportation to/from host family community with accompanying escort
- Presence/support of local family-stay coordinator within destination country
- Travel medical insurance
- Preparation materials
- Passports or other travel document costs
- Items not listed as included
- Spending money (about $80-$90 per week suggested)
- Baggage fees
Students applying for an L&F Individual Family Stay Program must:
- complete 3 or more years of language study (unless highly recommended by teacher)
- be recommended by their language teacher
- maintain good academic standing
- be in excellent health
- be able to navigate airport connections on their own