Language & Friendship salutes you for taking the time to offer your students the gift of an immersion experience abroad, and we are committed to supporting you throughout – before, during, and after your program. Teachers give a lot of personal time and energy to preparing students, and L&F considers support for teachers a priority. We are here for you!
Support in getting your program off the ground
- Your L&F program coordinator works closely with you to plan the program that best suits the needs of your group.
- L&F provides an Administrator Packet with helpful information to request approval for travel abroad.
- L&F’s Study Abroad handout for parents and students differentiates the value of language-focused travel as compared to tourist travel.
Support in handling student behavior or health issues
- L&F has clear eligibility requirements and clear Program Expectations for maintaining eligibility.
- Parent sign a release granting permission for teacher/leaders to discuss health, behavioral or academic issues with L&F.
- L&F has clear consequences for not meeting Program Expectations – prior to departure and while abroad – and supports teacher/leaders in upholding expectations.
Support for you and your group while abroad
L&F staff is available 24/7 to assist you with any questions or concerns while you are abroad with your group. In addition, teacher/leaders are provided with emergency numbers for their destination as well as contact information for our coordinators and colleagues who will be available to help you with any situation.
While we can not guarantee there will never be a problem or a challenging situation, we can promise you that we take our responsibility seriously, and we are always available for support and guidance. Whether it is a cancelled flight, a lost passport or a misunderstanding during the family stay, we are always ready to work with you to find the best resolution possible.
Support for responsibility and liability concerns
Parents sign an agreement accepting Language & Friendship policies and expectations, acknowledging that they are signing a contract with Language & Friendship, and not with a school or government entity. The release states that parents release teachers, leaders and schools from any and all responsibility for any claims.
All payments are made to Language & Friendship so that monies do not need to go through school funds. All teacher/leaders are covered by Language & Friendship’s foreign liability insurance policy as designated program leaders.
L&F programs include medical sickness and accident coverage for all participants.
I am really impressed with your pre-trip mailings and communication. I have worked with other companies, and L&F is taking care of so much more, in such an organized way! As a teacher, I am busy enough, and having everything laid out so nicely is refreshing.
The people at L&F are fabulous to work with – they are very thorough, well organized and always willing to help/answer your questions. They have great materials available for teachers to use. We are so pleased!
Language & Friendship has a major advantage over other companies: incredible experience, 24/7 contact, attention to details never imagined by even the most seasoned traveler, and expert guidance provided for teachers, students, and parents.
The trip was so well-organized and the parents were kept so well-informed. It made us feel confident that [our daughter] would be in good hands.
We are truly carrying out the mission of intercultural and language learning together! I simply would not travel with any organization but Language & Friendship!