We consider the value of travel abroad as an integral part of becoming a global citizen in today’s society. Whether you are a teacher, a student, or an adult traveler, the educational benefits of a language-focused travel program are many and valuable:
- improves understanding of other cultures and points of view
- encourages seeing value in differences as well as in similarities
- creates a real-life opportunity to communicate in the language of the destination
- Increases knowledge of current events
- increases appreciation for history, the arts, music and literature
- creates international friendships
- cultivates the ability to deal with others in a positive and effective manner
- encourages self-reliance and promotes personal responsibility
- develops skills to deal with challenges you will experience in daily life
- contributes to the development of a positive self-concept and greater self-confidence
A life-changing experience awaits!
The trip was so well-organized and the parents were kept so well-informed. It made us feel confident that [our daughter] would be in good hands.
I was just telling my husband last night about how nice and educational our L&F program was as compared to the non-language trip with another company --never again! L&F would definitely be my choice.
It really was an unbelievable experience and I think that for some of the students, it was only the first part of a long-term relationship with the people they met and the country itself.
If you love the language, you'll love this; it's a life-changing experience; there is nothing else like it; you get to know more people; you will love every minute of it!
L&F is a great company, professional, organized, caring and committed to providing students and teachers with quality cultural experiences. The name "Language & Friendship" truly reflects the values and dedication of you all.
Language & Friendship offers fun-filled, language-rich, way more than a sightseeing tour adventure in truly magical locations.
My daughter’s host family is absolutely perfect and I am getting tearful thinking how grateful I am that she was matched with such a good family!
Our family benefited in so many ways: trying something out of our comfort zone; patience with talking and explaining things slower; not taking our blessings for granted; and most of all, teaching us that a family “loves” the same in all languages!
Beyond the fact that you are learning a language and culture, you are doing something on your own that takes a lot of courage and strength, which helps even prepare you for college and becoming more independent.