We consider the value of travel abroad as an integral part of becoming a global citizen in today’s society. Whether you are a teacher, a student, or an adult traveler, the educational benefits of a language-focused travel program are many and valuable:
- improves understanding of other cultures and points of view
- encourages seeing value in differences as well as in similarities
- creates a real-life opportunity to communicate in the language of the destination
- Increases knowledge of current events
- increases appreciation for history, the arts, music and literature
- creates international friendships
- cultivates the ability to deal with others in a positive and effective manner
- encourages self-reliance and promotes personal responsibility
- develops skills to deal with challenges you will experience in daily life
- contributes to the development of a positive self-concept and greater self-confidence
A life-changing experience awaits!
We are truly carrying out the mission of intercultural and language learning together! I simply would not travel with any organization but Language & Friendship!
You are in this business for the right reasons and do a phenomenal job of ensuring that we have fun-filled, language-rich, way-more-than-a-sight-seeing tour in truly magical locations!
It really was an unbelievable experience and I think that for some of the students, it was only the first part of a long-term relationship with the people they met and the country itself.
Language & Friendship has a major advantage over other companies: incredible experience, 24/7 contact, attention to details never imagined by even the most seasoned traveler, and expert guidance provided for teachers, students, and parents.
Our family benefited in so many ways: trying something out of our comfort zone; patience with talking and explaining things slower; not taking our blessings for granted; and most of all, teaching us that a family “loves” the same in all languages!
Hosting students in our school was a fantastic and invaluable opportunity. Not all of our students can travel abroad, so hosting gave them a chance to bring France to their homes. It also inspired them to continue in their French studies.
Language & Friendship is a great organization and I have worked with them for many years. They do a great job and are helping to promote global understanding, one student at a time.
My daughter’s host family is absolutely perfect and I am getting tearful thinking how grateful I am that she was matched with such a good family!
The people at L&F are fabulous to work with – they are very thorough, well organized and always willing to help/answer your questions. They have great materials available for teachers to use. We are so pleased!
The trip was so well-organized and the parents were kept so well-informed. It made us feel confident that [our daughter] would be in good hands.