¡Bienvenidos! Bienvenue! Willkommen!
Travel is an eye-opening, enriching experience that will positively impact your life more than you can possibly imagine. Just as athletes and musicians practice their skills to be successful in competition and performance, Language & Friendship programs provide language students the opportunity to use their knowledge to be successful in their travel and family-stay experiences.
Your teacher has chosen a Language & Friendship program because he/she is dedicated to offering an opportunity which will make a significant difference in the lives of young people. It is an investment that will have a lasting impact on your future.
Itinerary Planning and Inclusions
With the help of the L&F Coordinator, teachers determine the destination, length and dates of the program, the areas the group will visit and the specific inclusions for the program designed to fit the needs of the group.
The Program Enrollment Booklet lists the basic itinerary, price range and inclusions. Once the final details of the itinerary are determined, the price is finalized about 3 months before departure and a Payment Memo/Itinerary is sent directly to the participant and parents.
Language & Friendship provides you and your teacher with many tools to prepare you for your experience and to help you become a responsible traveler and ambassador. Teachers plan several preparation meetings for students and attendance is required. In addition, teachers plan one or two meetings for parents and students together. Attendance is essential so that parents and students are well-informed about expectations.
- Program Enrollment Booklet: It is essential to keep a copy of this or refer to it on your online account.
- Student Guidebook: L&F sends this booklet to the organizing teacher to distribute to students.
- Study Materials: L&F sends a set to the organizing teacher.
- Parent Information Brochure: L&F sends this directly to the parents.
- Additional Reading: L&F also recommends that you read books, websites, and travel journals about the places you will be visiting. Preparation = Success
Language & Friendship sends hotel lists, flight information, and host family information to the organizing teacher who will distribute them to students and parents.
We wish you all the best as you prepare for your experience abroad.