Language & Friendship has been organizing hosting programs in the U.S. since 1988. The goal of our program is to allow American families to welcome a foreign visitor into their homes to share their culture and language.
- sign up for an L&F program to be immersed in the language and the culture. This provides an excellent opportunity to improve their language skills, to make new friends, and to experience American culture from within a welcoming family environment.
- bring their own spending money and are prepared to pay for their own snacks and souvenirs.
- have insurance coverage.
- want to learn about another culture
- want to share their own culture
- want to include a foreign visitor as part of their family
FALL & WINTER Hosting
Each year L&F welcomes fall and winter visitors from France and Spain for 3 weeks for an immersion school visit. Students attend classes with their hosts and experience the American school system. They also stay with host families and participate in family events at night and on the weekends. This is an excellent option for families who might be looking for a bit more structure to the daily plans since the school schedule takes up most weekdays.
Each summer L&F welcomes students from France and Spain for 3-4 weeks for an immersion family stay program in June/July. The students come to us through the Foreign Coordinators we work with in these countries, who also find families for our American students when they travel abroad. Students join in whatever summer plans their hosts have during the stay, whatever that might be! This is an excellent choice for families who have a good variety of busy time and down time during the summer and want to experience their lives from the perspective of a visitor doing it all for the first time!