7 noches con familias anfitrionas más 3 noches en Buenos Aires
This itinerary is great for teachers who would like to visit two South American countries in the same program while experiencing a longer family stay with students. Enjoy the tight-knit community of Carlos Paz with your host families to be immersed in the language and culture before exploring the food and neighborhoods of the capital city Buenos Aires. Top off the adventure with a visit to Colonia, Uruguay!
Ideas to customize this itinerary:
- Add a 2-day excursion to Iguazú Falls: domestic flights, hotel, and a guided-tour.
- Add a stop in Santiago, Chile to further extend the South American adventure.
|Day 1||Depart USA for connecting flight to South America; dinner and breakfast in flight|
|Day 2||Transfer from Cordoba to Carlos Paz to meet your host families and begin your stay!|
|Day 3||This is your time to be immersed in “la vida argentina,” sharing the daily life of your host family. Get to know the community of Carlos Paz and begin daily activities with your host family.|
|Day 4||Family Stay|
|Day 5||Family Stay|
|Day 6||Family Stay|
|Day 7||Family Stay|
|Day 8||Family Stay|
|Day 9||Last day with host families. Despedidas to families and head to Buenos Aires on the regional overnight bus.|
|Day 10||Begin Buenos Aires visits with a city tour this morning: get a taste of the many barrios of Buenos Aires with a city tour: La Boca, San Telmo, Palermo, Puerto Madero, La Recoleta. Lunch included.|
|Day 11||Breakfast at hotel. Meet your group to travel by high-speed boat across Río de la Plata to visit the historical city of Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay. You will have a walking tour of the winding, cobblestone streets, lunch included, and free time to explore. Return by boat this evening.|
|Day 12||Breakfast at hotel. Fiesta Gaucha: Full-day excursion to an estancia in the countryside, lunch included. Watch the gauchos in their horseback competitions, carreras de sortijas, take a ride in a sulky, and enjoy the tango show.|
|Day 13||Breakfast at hotel. Final city visits visits this morning and lunch included. Transfer to the airport this evening for your overnight flight to the USA.|
|Day 14||Arrive in the USA with many memories!|
|$3895 based on 8-9 students with 1 leader|
|$3795 based on 17-20 students with 2 leaders|
|$3895 based on 21-25 students with 3 leaders|
- This itinerary is based on a summer program from most major airports.
- Contact L&F for individualized estimated prices based on your dates and departure airport.
- Roundtrip airfare including taxes
- Airport transfer on day 13
- 3 nights hotel accommodations – centrally located, students 3-4 to a room, and continental breakfast
- 8 nights family-stay arrangements organized by local L&F family-stay coordinator (family meals included)
- Overnight transfer on day 9
- 4 pre-arranged lunches
- Entrance fee allowance (for sites, museums, activities as planned by group)
- Guided Visit: Buenos Aires visits
- Travel medical insurance
- Extensive student and leader preparatory materials
- Passport or other document costs
- Meals not indicated as included
- Items listed as not included
- Spending money: about $25/day suggested, less during family stay
- Baggage fees (currently one checked bag is free for overseas travel)
- Any additional costs incurred to fulfill requirements set by the US or destination-country health or government officials regarding COVID-19 testing, documentation, and/or immunization