When looking for a travel program, be sure to gather important information on details that are not always obvious. Everyone hopes to have an attractive price, but the value and program inclusions are not to be overlooked.
Below are just a few of the many important questions to research before planning your travel program. Download our Comparing Programs Worksheet for a full list of questions.
- Language-focused program?
- Customized programs with teacher input and affordable options for small groups?
- Guided programs led by experienced L&F teachers?
- Centrally located European-type hotels?
- All breakfasts and some dinners included (number of dinners flexible)?
- Individual family stay experiences (not “room and board”), also available for teachers?
- Guaranteed travel dates?
- Extensive planning/preparatory/educational materials provided for leaders and students?
- Leader workshop available?
- Experienced staff ready to work one-on-one with teacher (personal connection; followed from first contact to return home)?
- Alcohol policy and behavior expectations for students?
- All fees included (taxes, fuel, air, weekend charges)?
- Upfront disclosures, no fine print?
- Hosting/Early Bird/Family Discounts?
- Scholarships/Travel Grants?
- Teacher/student ratio for teacher’s free travel (adjustable for custom programs)?
- Entrance allowance to cover student & leader ($65-$165 per person depending on program length)?
- Teacher stipend to offset out-of-pocket costs?
- Medical insurance and cancellation protection?
- Any membership fee charged?
Download Comparing Programs Worksheet
Teachers also choose L&F for: Immersion/Language-Focused Programs