- Creates lifelong friendships
- Helps American host children learn how to be a good host (and guest!)
- Gives host family the opportunity to see their lives and their community through new eyes!
- Promotes cultural awareness through direct interaction with foreign citizens.
Language & Friendship has been organizing hosting programs in the U.S. since 1988. The goal of the program is to allow American families to welcome a foreign visitor into their homes to share their culture and language.
- sign up for an L&F program to be immersed in the language and the culture. This provides an excellent opportunity to improve their language skills, to make new friends, and to experience American culture from within a welcoming family environment.
- bring their own spending money and are prepared to pay for their own snacks and souvenirs.
- have insurance coverage.
- want to learn about another culture
- want to share their own culture
- want to include a foreign visitor as part of their family
What do past host families say about the L&F Hosting Program? Watch Hosting VIDEO