- Apply for your passport immediately. Do not delay! You will need to provide your passport information 60 days before departure.
- If you already have a passport, be sure it is valid for six months beyond your return date (this applies to all L&F destinations but Canada). The U.S. State Department recommends that your passport be valid six months beyond your return date.
- You will not be allowed to board the plane without a valid passport.
- Cancellation penalties will apply for anyone forced to cancel due to lack of documentation.
Where to apply: Applications may be obtained at a government service center, many courts, some post offices and some public libraries. You may also download the application from the following website which provides extensive passport information: travel.state.gov/passport
What you need: Refer to the State Department website above for current detailed instructions.
Note: Special rules apply regarding parental presence and consent for applicants under age 16. See State Department website above for details and forms.
Visas for Non-U.S. Citizens
You must have a valid passport or travel document, and you may need one or both of the following:
- Visa/s for entry into the country or countries you are visiting – contact the consulate/s of the country/countries
- U.S. re-entry permit – contact the office of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services: www.uscis.gov
These documents take several months to process. It is your responsibility to confirm what documentation you will need. Again, do not delay!
Cancellation penalties will apply for anyone forced to cancel due to lack of documentation.