2 nuits à Nice, 1 nuit à Arles, 6 nuits en famille d’accueil, et 4 nuits à Paris
This itinerary is great for larger groups who want to travel by bus and visit several different cities. This itinerary is not cost effective for smaller groups because of the transportation needed.
Ideas to customize this itinerary:
- Visit different cities or sites of interest while making your journey from Nice to the family stay community. L&F has plenty of suggestions or let us know your preferences!
- Do you prefer to visit Paris at the beginning of your trip? Try reversing this itinerary for more hustle and bustle on the front end.
- Extend Family Stay to 9-14 nights for an additional $150.
|Day 1||Depart USA on overnight transatlantic flight. Dinner and breakfast served on flight|
|Day 2||Arrive in Nice. Private bus transfer to hotel. Begin your visits. Stroll the Promenade des Anglais, visit le Vieux Nice, and marvel at the port. Evening group welcome dinner.|
|Day 3||Meet your bus for a day excursion to visit the principality of Monaco and the perched village of Eze.|
|Day 4||Depart Nice and travel by bus to Provence. Stop in Cagnes s/Mer and discover the medieval perched village. Learn how to play “pétanque” and have lunch in town. Continue to the seaside town of Cassis for a boat ride in the Calanques. Continue to the Roman city of Arles for the evening.|
|Day 5||Morning guided walking tour of Arles, where Van Gogh painted his most famous works. In the afternoon, travel by bus to le Pont du Gard Aqueduct and then Les Baux-de-Provence. Continue on to the family stay community to meet host families and begin family stay. Students are placed one per family.|
|Days 5-11||This is your time to be immersed in “la vie française,” sharing the daily life of your host family! Family Stay continues until Day 11.|
|Day 11||Say “au revoir” to host families. Travel by train/TGV to Paris. Private bus transfer to your hotel. Begin Paris visits on l'Ile de la Cité: Notre-Dame (as reconstruction allows), Sainte-Chapelle, Conciergerie. See l’Hôtel de Ville and explore le Quartier Latin.|
|Day 12||Visit la Rive Droite: Louvre, Jardin des Tuileries, Place de la Concorde, Champs-Elysées, Arc de Triomphe, Montmartre.|
|Day 13||In the morning, visit the Musée d'Orsay. Then take the RER to Versailles to visit the château and gardens. Return to Paris and climb the Tour Eiffel.|
|Day 14||Continue Paris visits as planned by group. Evening group farewell dinner.|
|Day 15||Private bus transfer to Paris/CDG airport for return flights to the US. Lunch and snack served on transatlantic flight.|
|$4645 based on 21-25 students with 3 leaders|
|$4495 based on 31-35 students with 4 leaders|
- This itinerary is based on a spring program from most major airports. An airfare supplement may apply during peak spring dates.
- Airfare supplement of an estimated $300-400 for summer programs.
- Contact L&F for individualized estimated prices based on your dates and departure airport.
- This itinerary is offered most years as a GUIDED program as well. Contact L&F for more information.
- Roundtrip airfare including taxes
- 7 nights hotel accommodations – centrally located, students 3-4 to a room, and continental breakfast
- 6 nights family-stay arrangements organized by local L&F family-stay coordinator (family meals included)
- Motor coach on days 3, 4, 5
- Train/TGV on day 11
- 1 pre-arranged lunch, 2 pre-arranged dinners
- Metro Allowance for Paris
- Entrance fee allowance (for sites, museums, activities as planned by group)
- Guided Visits: Visite guidée – Hauts-de-Cagnes, Visite guidée – Arles , Musée du Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, Château de Versailles
- Travel medical insurance
- Extensive student and leader preparatory materials
- Passport or other document costs
- Meals not indicated as included
- Spending money: about $40/day suggested; less during family stay
- Baggage fees (currently one checked bag is free for overseas travel)
- Any additional costs incurred to fulfill requirements set by the US or destination-country health or government officials regarding COVID-19 testing, documentation, and/or immunization