1 nuit à Bayeux, 1 nuit à Mont St-Michel, 6 nuits en famille d’accueil, 1 nuit à Blois, et 4 nuits à Paris
This itinerary is great for groups who have a bit more time to explore areas outside of Paris and want to see a variety of French cities and towns. This itinerary works well as is for larger groups but can also be adapted to utilize more train travel for smaller groups.
Ideas to customize this itinerary:
- Spend the fist night in the larger city of Caen for a more urban environment.
- Add a sightseeing day in Nantes to see thee and the Machines de l’Île.
- Extend Family Stay to 9-14 nights for an additional $150.
|Day 1||Depart USA for Paris. Dinner and breakfast served on overnight transatlantic flight.|
|Day 2||Arrive Paris. Our meet & greet staff will help you find your motor coach and begin travel to Normandie. Visit Monet's gardens in Giverny en route to Bayeux. Evening group welcome dinner.|
|Day 3||Depart Bayeux and travel by motor coach to visit Arromanches, the D-Day beaches, and the American Cemetery. Continue on to Mont Saint-Michel.|
|Day 4||Spend the morning on Mont Saint-Michel and then travel to the walled city of Saint-Malo for the afternoon. In the evening, meet host families in Bretagne area and begin family stay.|
|Days 4-10||This is your time to be immersed in “la vie française,” sharing the daily life of your host family.|
|Day 10||Say “au revoir” to host families. Travel by motor coach to the Loire Valley. Visit the châteaux of Chenonceau and/or Chambord en route to Blois. Finish your daily visits at le Château Royal de Blois. In the evening, enjoy a group pre-arranged dinner.|
|Day 11||Depart Blois and travel by motor coach to Versailles to visit the château and gardens. Continue to Paris. Begin your Paris visits with la Rive Gauche including visits of le Musée d'Orsay & the Eiffel Tower.|
|Day 12||Morning visit of the Palais Garnier followed by free time at Les Grands Magasins. In the afternoon, head to Montmartre to see Sacré-Coeur and the Place du Tertre.|
|Day 13||Continue your Paris visits on l'Ile de la Cité: Notre-Dame (from afar), Sainte-Chapelle, Conciergerie, Hôtel de Ville & Quartier Latin.|
|Day 14||Visit la Rive Droite: Louvre, Jardin des Tuileries, Place de la Concorde, Champs-Elysées, Arc de Triomphe. Evening group farewell dinner.|
|Day 15||Bus transfer from hotel to Paris/CDG Airport. Return flight(s) to USA. Lunch and snack served on transatlantic flight.|
|$4545 based on 21-25 students with 2 leaders|
|$4445 based on 31-35 students with 3 leaders|
- This itinerary is based on a spring program from most major airports. An airfare supplement may apply during peak spring dates.
- Airfare supplement of an estimated $300-400 for summer programs.
- Contact L&F for individualized estimated prices based on your dates and departure airport.
- Roundtrip airfare including taxes
- Meet & Assist on day 2
- 7 nights hotel accommodations – centrally located, students 3-4 to a room, and continental breakfast
- 6 nights family-stay arrangements organized by local L&F family-stay coordinator (family meals included)
- Motor coach on days 2, 3, 4, 10, 11
- 3 pre-arranged dinners
- Metro Allowance for Paris
- Entrance fee allowance (for sites, museums, activities as planned by group)
- Guided Visits: Château de Chambord, Musée d’Orsay, Palais Garnier – Visite guidée, Musée du Louvre
- Travel medical insurance
- Extensive student and leader preparatory materials
- Passport or other document costs
- Meals not indicated as included
- Other items not listed as included
- Spending money: about $40/day suggested; less during family stay
- Baggage fees (currently one checked bag is free for overseas travel)
- Any additional costs incurred to fulfill requirements set by the US or destination-country health or government officials regarding COVID-19 testing, documentation, and/or immunization