L&F requires all participants to:
- complete 2 or more years of language study
- maintain good academic standing
- be in excellent health
- demonstrate excellent behavior
- conduct themselves in a mature manner, reflecting highly on themselves, their community, their country
- be committed to the group for the benefit and safety of all
- Teachers may have additional eligibility requirements.
Important: Participation in this program is a privilege, not a right. Just as coaches (sports, debate, speech) select their teams, teachers/leaders for this program select students who meet and maintain expectations.
Eligibility criteria as well as Language & Friendship’s Program Expectations must be followed in order to maintain eligibility.